[Rovernet] The Final Frontier for an SD-1

magnet at ican.net magnet at ican.net
Sun Jan 9 10:47:35 EST 2022

Hello Fellow Rovernetters,

Several years ago, my son was lucky enough to acquire an almost pristine
1980 SD-1 body.  He transplanted into it a modified Rover V-8 engine and
a 5-speed gearbox, and got hold of a nice blue interior from another
SD-1.  The plan was to make a really beautiful example of the new car.
He put it into storage in a barn against the day when he would have
time, space, and the necessary resources to complete the job.

Unfortunately that time has never come, and now, as he has lost
affordable storage space, he has reluctantly had to put the car up for
sale.  It would be a great shame for this car to go to someone who
doesn't know anything about, and who doesn't appreciate, Rover cars, so
before he lists it on the local Kijiji and Craigslist I thought I would
let my friends of the Rovernet have a look at it.

You can see the car and find more details at:

https://tinyurl.com/2p868h44

Many thanks, and let's all hope for a return to happy Rovering in the
New Year.

-  Bill Daddis