[Rovernet] Sterling advice sought

Tom Rymes tom at rymes.net
Wed Jan 19 17:44:39 EST 2022

Rovernetters:

I am considering the purchase of a Sterling, and I was hoping some
Of you might be able to dispense some advice (even if it is “RUN AWAY!!!”).

Anyhow, among the small annoyances this car has are broken front door handles, a seat belt that doesn’t retract, a hood latch that has recently refused to release, and a power seat that does not move.

Are these common issues? Easily dealt with? Is it possible to move the seat manually until proper repairs can be made?

What other areas of concern should I worry about (I fear the response will be “if you have to ask, you don’t want to know.”)

Many thanks,

Tom