[Rovernet] DeDion tube gaiter replacement.

James Radcliffe j_radcliffe at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 23:17:39 EDT 2022

Here is a good discussion:
http://www.classicroverforum.net/index.php?threads/de-dion-boot-replacement-and-mot.27616/

If you have pitting on the inner tube then it is best to use grease instead of oil. Oil will migrate past the seals and then contaminate the rubber boot and then it will fail. The last one I did, I used castrol rubber grease. That way it will not degrade the rubber components.

Don't forget to mark the flanges with a marker. Makes it easier to put it back together.

I have done them on the ground with the car on ramps. I used a scissor jack on the elbows to help line everything up as it went back together. I have also done this job on a 2 post lift and a 4 post lift.

Should take about 2 to 3 hours.

James.