[Rovernet] 1966 P5 3Litre Series ll

Gordon Reddy gorgowof at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 01:09:03 EDT 2022

Hmmm...special I like...frustrating is normal with vintage
British...unpredictable eh?
The first thing I have done is have it checked over from one end to the
other by a shop I know and trust that knows British. Several items have
come up, nothing bad or expensive just necessary for reliable driving.
Outer tie-rods, rear motor mount, sway bar and strut bushing. Leaky
steering box and differential pinion seal, the normal. I'm not a fan of the
Uniroyal Tiger Paws but they are in good shape, they will do for a couple
of months.Vredesteins are hugely expensive. I will stay on top of it.
Lovely car to drive, so different from the P6 in some ways yet so Rover!