[Rovernet] 2000 TC girling 16p front brake pads

magnet at ican.net magnet at ican.net
Sat Jul 30 17:54:51 EDT 2022

A word of caution might be in order here.  I needed new front pads for
my 3500S and bought two varieties listed by Rock Auto under their Rover
listing.  Neither were satisfactory. The first set, when they got hot,
smelt strongly of rotting fish.  The second set were noisy -- would
squeal reliably when warm.  I did a bit of research and found that pads
with identical dimensions were used on contemporaneous Mercedes 230 and
some Volvo models. Looking for replacements on Rock Auto under those
marques yielded Raybestos PG D4 -- I ordered a set of these and they
have been entirely satisfactory.

  -- Bill Daddis