[Rovernet] Two Sterlings - Oregon to Texas

Tom Rymes tom at rymes.net
Thu Mar 3 18:46:38 EST 2022

My apologies to any members of the group that have already seen this,
but I realized that I have not posted this here on RoverNet.

John Voelcker and I recently bought a pair of Sterling 827SLs in Oregon,
one of them from Geff McCarthy, who was kind enough to help me out when
I first reached out to this group to ask for help for the cars we were
planning on buying for this trip. After speaking with him, I ended up
buying his Sterling, instead!

Anyhow, this was a bit of a cabin-fever fueled pipe dream we came up
with. The goal was driving them to the Radwood Austin show in Texas -
right around 2,800 miles in a pair of 30+ year-old cars known for less
than stellar reliability, through remote and inhospitable country. Did I
mention that one of them has 280,000 miles?

https://goo.gl/maps/ZjGrrTYBp7QTzinz9

Given that that these are the last Rovers sold new in the US, I figured
it's on-topic. They're nice and short videos, and keep in mind that we
started out with no idea what we were doing and got ever so slightly
better at it - this is the fourth video.

https://youtu.be/VBnymm7D6rQ

Thanks to Geff for all of the help, and I hope you haven't all already
been  inundated with this stuff.

Tom