[Rovernet] eBay

Glen Wilson gwilson at quakertech.net
Sat May 28 07:47:36 EDT 2022

Gordon,

Circular instruments were introduced in this model in 1969 before they
were available in the UK.

Likewise the headrests are correct for this car.

The SUs, intake manifold and associate linkages are missing.

I've also seen box pleated leather on a 1973 2200TC imported to the USA
from France. The cars sent to the USA and Canada (a few leftovers went
to Europe) had Ambla, and it wears like iron, looks like leather.

There were a number of parts unique to what I call the Federal 3500s.
The door cards and armrests, the hood scoops and associated
summer/winter doors for them, the bumpers, other parts. This car also
had electric power windows and a big heavy reinforcing bar inside the
doors. Some things like the round gauges carried over to the later
Series 2 cars. The later series were imported to the USA in the 1971
model year, but only a handful made it here. Result of all this is that
the bonnet with the power bulges is very rare in the USA, and some parts
for our 3500S never had aftermarket replacements produced and must come
from donor cars.

Most of this is in the James Taylor which seems to be very accurate
about the P6 models sent to the USA and Canada. Frankly, what's in the
classic books is very accurate, but somehow the internet (primarily, I
suppose, the search engines) have tended to mix and match facts through
associating things that are unrelated. I see stuff on the web that was
never properly researched and validated but becomes "common knowledge"
through some process.