[Rovernet] On the hunt for missing tools

Lance La Certe lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Mon Nov 7 17:36:55 EST 2022

'70 3500S NADA

I'm hoping someone in Roverland has one or both of the following extra tools I might purchase.

The parts manual lists the tommy bar as 565443    This tommy bar is specific to the export model, as it has a right angle (other tommy bars for the 2000 and 2200 are just a straight affair---I actually have two of them and would be willing to swap if anyone is in need of a correct tommy bar for their 2000/2200).

The second tool is: "Spanner (2BA X 4BA)"  :  572503    This is NOT Whitworth or BSF compatible as far as I can tell, but yet another wonderfully confusing, set of screw threads [BA = British Association screw threads] in which the larger the number on the tools, the smaller the diameter of the threaded shaft.

Apparently, the mashup of bolts on a 1970 Rover required more than just AF spanners, chucking in some BAs for good measure (I'm hoping others will enlighten me as to which bolts on the car actually required a BA spanner)

Here's a link showing various tool rolls and the ones I'm trying to acquire (1970 Three Thousand Five Hundred P6B)
https://roverp6australia.net/rover-p6-in-the-boot/
[https://i0.wp.com/roverp6australia.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Rover-P6-Australia-Website-Header-2.jpg?fit=1200%2C255&ssl=1]<https://roverp6australia.net/rover-p6-in-the-boot/>
Rover P6 ‘In The Boot’ – Rover P6 Australia<https://roverp6australia.net/rover-p6-in-the-boot/>
In addition to the usual Jack, Wheel Brace and Tyre Pump, each Rover P6 & P6B was supplied with a comprehensive tool roll. Examples are shown here. • Click on the images to view as larger on-sc…
roverp6australia.net


Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Lance