[Rovernet] Federal Rover electric window regulator motor replacement information,

Lance La Certe lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Mon Oct 3 18:27:12 EDT 2022

For those of you who may need to, or are contemplating ,replacing the electric motors in you Federal 3500S, this may be useful information to store in your database.

The OEM unit was manufactured by Delco.  My left sided, driver/rear passenger unit has a part number of 5045594 (surprisingly it also appears to have a manufacture date of 1969 ----my NADA is a 1970).

A couple of things to keep in mind.   These electric motors are not universal.  You must order either left or ride side motors (My driver's side motor has a distinct L in relief on the body of the motor).   If you replace an OEM with one of these units, make sure to remove the gear which interfaces with the regulator mechanism as these refurbished units do NOT come with one (the gear pops out very easily from the housing with a simple pull).

The ONLY replacement unit I could find are remanufactured units with a 1 year warranty by Cardone.

The Cardone part # is :  42-14.

These are getting quite hard to find, even though they apparently fit Cadillacs, Oldsmobiles, Buicks, etc. in the hundreds if not thousands of different models from about 1969 to 1975.    The prices for a single remanufactured Cardone unit are all over the map, from $80 to $160+.

Lance