[Rovernet] Need help with window frame removal

Lance La Certe lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Mon Sep 12 19:17:15 EDT 2022

'70 3500S  NADA

Need to remove the entire window frame.  The two volume Rover workshop manuals only mention window frame removal with wind up handles, not the electric windows.

My Haynes manual surprisingly has two images on the bottom of pg 228 but no corresponding instructions.   It is clear after following all the instructions to remove a standard, wind up window frame, that the unit will not come out of the door until the electric motor is removed first.  Fig. 12.22 in Haynes identifies "B Motor bolts" and "C Gear assembly bolts".  On my particular car "B" is actually three phillips screws.

Having never done this before, I've taped the window up in place into the frame.   If I remove "C",the gear assembly bolts, I believe that will actually cause the window regulator to be dislodged which I don't want to do.     I would appreciate any help from anyone regarding removing the three phillips screws----i.e., once those are removed the motor will essentially be free of the window regulator, but I have no idea if the refitment just involves pushing the drive gear from the motor back into synch with the regulator gear???   I'm worried that pulling the motor will cause some wound spring mechanism to unravel, etc.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Lance