[Rovernet] 1956 P4 75 on Hemmings

Jon Stanley jonathan.b.stanley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 18:38:39 EST 2023

I agree the serial number indicates it is a 1953 LHD export, serial 1494
probably made around mid to late 1953. It looks like another Toyota 22R
transplant with an automatic transmission as you can see with the floor
mounted shifter. Seems like many of these 1953's in the US end up with a
non original engine. My first major project was a Feb 1953 serial 942 that
came to me also with a Toyota 22R transplant and automatic. You could
compare to my project at
https://www.electronixandmore.com/resources/automobiles/roverp4/index.html

Too bad they didn't try to convert the column shifter to link up to the
automatic.

The asking price is not too far off from what I invested in mine and I
started at $200 for the whole car to begin with.

Also would be willing to entertain offers on my 53 if anyone is interested
in another color choice. :)

Jon