[Rovernet] Is anybody out there?

Bob Harris hbob at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 2 10:32:54 EDT 2023

I still read posts here, even though my time of Rover ownership is decades past.  An 1980 SD1, first car I ever bought with my own money after starting my career as a Dentist.  40 years later I’ve had three Lotus including a well tracked Elise, a Bentley Continental GT Speed, two McLaren, the list goes on.
But gosh I loved that Rover.  I tried so hard to keep it going including another car for parts.  When we went to Goodwood Festival of Speed there was not one Rover SD1 on the grounds that we could find over four days.  Made me feel better in a way, they could not keep them moving over there much less a kid in the hills of North Carolina way back then.
But I still look back to the joy of ownership that car brought to me and my pals.  And I really appreciate that there are still people who bear an interest and respect for these cars.
Bob