[Rovernet] Vibrations galore

Lance La Certe lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Wed Jun 12 11:03:31 EDT 2024

Some of you may remember "Magic Fingers" vibrating beds in 1960s motels?   Well, that cost 25 cents for 15 minutes.   In my '70 P6B NADA I can get this for free between 60mph and 68mph for as long as I want.

Some background.    6-7 years ago I retrofitted a Celica Supra 5 speed manual to the car.  It instantly transformed that V8 into a proper beast (relatively speaking of course).   The modification also required a new propellor shaft which was supposedly balanced.

I never take particularly long drives in my garage queen, and rarely 'open her up'.   Nonetheless, I was on the interstate the other day and noticed significant vibration through the car at anything over 60 mph.  If I pushed it past 70 mph then the vibration abated.

Would really appreciate any diagnostic help

Lance

Pastafarian
AKA, Hoof Hearted

First Law of Debate:  Never argue with a fool --- people might not know the difference.