[Rovernet] 1970 3500S NAADA original

Scruggs Family gjkzscruggs at verizon.net
Thu Nov 7 09:00:12 EST 2013

Tom,

I'm afraid we are in fierce agreement.

In an effort to not write an entire book I neglected some precision in my
thoughts.  My comment reflects my view of an ideal Rover world where owners
do exactly as you suggest and build their car to suit themselves.  My intent
was to remind our fellow Roveristas that one of the options is to simply
keep the good parts and swap out all the weak spots.  Anyone involved in
design and engineering will acknowledge that compromises are placed on their
work by management, accountants, lawyers and technology.  Thus virtually
everything made is rife with compromises.  I am comfortable with setting
aside those compromises and finishing the intent of the design with current
generation technologies and I urge others to do the same... if it suits
their goals.

Thanks for the reminder!

Gross