[Rovernet] 3L gearbox sloppy

Steve Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Thu Jul 17 06:47:31 EDT 2014

Assuming this is a Mark I with the shifter like the P4, the usual places
for wear in the shift linkage are the two pivot pins and the brass
bushings for them.  These pins and bushings are at either end of the
link between the chrome shift lever and the vertical selector lever that
goes down through the rubber boot.  A little wear in these pins and
bushings will lead to a lot of play in the shift lever.

Steve