[Rovernet] Rare bits wanted

Kent Kinard kkinard at att.net
Mon Mar 17 12:46:07 EDT 2014

Hi Netters
I have front and rear Magnum 500 hubs loose in a box.  Got them from
Eric (God rest his soul) for free plus freight.  Seems like I promised
them to someone several years ago, but can't remember who.  I have no
use for them as I have a large assortment of 5 on 5 wheels (Rostyles,
SD1, Panasports, knock off wires).  I would prefer that they go to
someone with a set of Magnum 500 wheels. The guy that is the Magnum 500
rebuilder in Denver swears Rover never used a Magnum 500 and I'd love to
send him a Rover Magnum 500 to prove the point.  Magnum 500 may be a
pre-TC option.  I also have a Dunlop brake '66 TC (very early) parts car
that came with Magstars.  If a customer chose Maglstars, the car came
with 5 on 5 hubs.  I only ever had three Magnum 500 wheels and two of
them were rusty.  Magnum 500s are welded construction while Rostyles are
riveted construction.  I believe that there is a slight difference in
offset also with the centers of the Magnum 500 appearing slightly
deeper.  You can still buy the GM 4.75 x 5 Magnum 500 wheels or have
custom steel wheels built on Rostyle centers.

Didn't we have this conversation a few years ago?

Roverly,
Kent K.