[Rovernet] Diagnostic Help Redux

LANCE LA CERTE PSY D lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Wed Feb 11 17:32:43 EST 2015

First I want to let everyone know how much I appreciate the input and support----what a great group you all are!!!!
Wanted to clarify something about the calipers.   I am 'assuming' the right rear disc was hot and appropriately so because I had just come back from a test drive to try to figure out the clunking.  I immediately put the car up on the lift and started 'feeling' around.  I would expect the disc to be hot and was surprised the the left disc was completely cold, leading me to believe the caliper was not working on that side.
With the car on the lift, I put the rear end up on jack stands (right after the test drive), the entire drive train moved freely----no indication that the right caliper was still gripping the disc and therefore creating any drag while I was driving.
If I'm totally wrong or missing something in this explanation, please, anyone, let me know.
Thanks  again,  Lance

Lance La Certe, Psy.D.
It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.