[Rovernet] 2000 engine mounts

Steven Dibdin sdibdin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 11:59:51 EDT 2015

HI All,

I thought I would share this with you. I visit the classic Rover Forum
quite a bit and found that a chap in Greece had used Mk.II('83-92') golf
transmission mounts (Either auto or manual) to replace the engine mounts on
his 2000TC. As I was in the process of fitting my rebuilt (again) 2200
engine to the car I thought I'd give it a go. The only modification I had
to make was making th elarge round mounting holes 1.6mm bigger (about 1/6"
in old money). I did that with a sanding drum on an electric drill, took
about 5 minutes each side.

You do need to source correct length bolt for the bolt that attaches to the
engine mount bracket on the engine side of things otherwise just use the
existing bolts for the body side.

The VW mounts are filled with a thick hydraulic fluid to dampen vibrations
nicely. Engine position is within a few millimeters of the original
vertically. I can highly recommend this as a replacement/upgrade to the
car. Vibration and noise are greatly reduced as is smoothness when pulling
away.You would be looking for the one at the rear, left hand side of the
engine bay.

Hope it helps someone else.

Best,

Steven