[Rovernet] Sad news, and a parts give-away

magnet at ican.net magnet at ican.net
Mon May 18 20:14:11 EDT 2015

*I am very sorry to say that the Toronto Area Rover Club Web Site will
be closing down soon. Sadly, and for a variety of reasons, the TARC has
effectively ceased to exist.

There are a number of parts, mainly for P4 cars, that we must clear out
before the end of 2015. These include several doors, in aluminium and
steel, three good aluminium bonnets, and one aluminium boot lid. There
are also a pair of front fenders from a 1956 Rover 60, complete with the
little fender-mounted turn signals, in very good shape.

We also have two Borg-Warner Type 65 automatic transmissions, four
doors, a bonnet, and a good steering rack, from SD-1 cars.

And finally, there is a set of five Rostyle-type wheels, made by
Kelsey-Hayes and originally from an early Rover 2000 TC. These have a
smaller bolt circle than the standard "5 on 5" P6 hubs, and require
special hubs. Sorry, but we do not have the hubs.

ALL THE ABOVE PARTS ARE ABSOLUTELY FREE, and I hope they will be useful
to our friends in the Rover community.

The only stipulation is that you must pick them up. They are located
near Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. If you are interested, please get in
touch with Bill Osmond, (osmondbj [at] gmail.com).  Unfortunately, we
will no longer have storage space after the end of the year, and any
parts left at that time will have to be junked.

Also, if anyone should be interested in a very clean SD-1, Bill Osmond
has reduced his asking price to $7000 Cdn -- that's about $5800 US at
the current rate of exchange. Please visit the For Sale page at
www.roverclub.org for a picture.

Regards,

Bill Daddis
*