[Rovernet] Wiring (spark plug high-tension) chatter

Kellogg, Charles charlesk at darebritannia.com
Tue May 19 03:33:51 EDT 2015

The awareness that I have of all this is that, with
electronically-triggered systems (PERTRONIX, CRANE-ALLISON, ETC.) one must
NOT use conventional metal-core wire, which may have been a carryover from
the prior points-based ignition system. EITHER carbon-core OR spiral-wound
wires are appropriate but NOT stranded copper.....as the wires actually
serve as "transmitting antennas" and send spurious signals, among other
things, to other wires or to ground.

I'm not sure my message ever got through to whomever was searching a
radiator but I have what I recall to have been a very nice one (having
parted what I recall to have been a 1962 saloon).

Charles Kellogg
Director of Restorations
Dare Britannia, Ltd.
Olympia, WA  98512, USA