[Rovernet] Quite an extensive article

Kent Kinard kkinard at att.net
Fri Aug 26 17:02:24 EDT 2016

Hi Netters,
I seldom contribute much any more, but, like Robert, I felt that Lance's
response was uncalled for.  I doubt he has ever driven an SD1.  I have
owned and/or driven most of the Rovers sold in North America and some
that were not (SD1 2600, Late "75", 827 Coupe, etc.).  The SD1 is a good
design let down by poor build quality, a trait shared with P6 Mk. 2's
and post '74 Triumphs and MG's.  This was eventually corrected and
series 2 cars from '82 on are well screwed together and available with
all the contemporary deluxe features.  SD1 problems are predictable and
easily fixed.  I have had fourteen SD1's over the years and intend to do
one more before my health fails.  Of all the Rovers built since WWII,
the SD1 is the easiest to work on and once sorted, the easiest to maintain.

Robert, if you want my P5B Coupe, you can have it for far less than I
have invested.

I have disposed of all my P6's except a few parts cars.  I will keep my
P4 75 and my SD1.

Roveretiredly,
Kent K.