[Rovernet] 1969 P6 2000TC

Gianni D'Ortenzio giannid at bigpond.com
Fri Apr 20 22:52:43 EDT 2018

When I replaced the clutch in my TC last year, the local supplier asked to bring it in because there were three different types in his catalogue.

With the several gearboxes I have in my spares supplies, there are indeed three different types, but same gearbox basically, so am not sure what difference if any it would make if one used the “wrong one".

Still being the good boy that I am, I did as I was told, and all went well.

Mind you it was not a quick changeover, and found lots of other little jobs to do whilst engine was out, so took me some months!
Made sense to replace side plates et al, even though they were just fine when I took them out.

Blinging the side plates and engine pipe seemed good idea until I replaced everything and you could’t really see the bling!
Still I know it is there and isn’t that all that matters?

Cheers Gianni
1948 P3 6 Light
1961 Landrover Series II
1968 2000 TC