[Rovernet] stuck servo rod

Jim Pile jpile1 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 25 21:52:15 EDT 2019

Success!  Thanks for all of the suggestions.
What worked?  Soaking in lubricating oil then placing slave in vise, clamping 2 pieces of wood to the rod, and giving several sharp, energetic tugs on the rod. So much for "gently removing!"
Last (I hope) issue:  Imagine my consternation when I unscrewed the adapter at the end of the slave to find no trap valve assembly looking back at me! Could that have been what was making my servo fill up with brake fluid?
At any rate, now I am looking for a trap valve assembly - spring and valve - to finish my ongoing servo project.  Does anyone have a spare 3500 servo intended to be used for parts, or have a suggestion as for other alternatives?
Grateful for any advice.
         Jim Pile