[Rovernet] Distributor & tranny issues on Federal Series II 2000TC

Ruggeri, Robert Robert.Ruggeri at suny.edu
Thu May 23 18:12:52 EDT 2019

Hi All:

·       My mechanic has found an issue on my distributor:  apparently there’s a post on the side with a wire that connects to the coil.  That post is loose, creating a ground issue and rough running.   A temporary fix is proving unreliable, so is the only solution to replace the entire distributor?  I didn’t think that the post is a separate part or item, so I assume that replacing the distributor is the only option?

·       The second gear synchro appears to be shot:  car won’t shift into 2nd while moving, only at a standstill.   Ideas?  Anyone have a good used manual tranny, which might be easier to just swap out.

Thanks.

These and a few other issues will be preventing me and the car from attending the RoveAmerica event.

Bob  Ruggeri