[Rovernet] 3500S (P6B) Front brake pads

Peter King peter at king-co.com
Thu Aug 13 20:34:41 EDT 2020

Thought this might be of interest:

While troubleshooting my 3500s brakes (Seems to have been an improperly machined relief valve in the inlet port), Bill brought up the trap valve in the Master cylinder. Not sure what it was for, I found this on an MG forum.

The valve allows an initial fast drop in pressure when the pedal is released. Then at around 10-16 psi the spring pushes the valve back to it's seat so the remaining pressure bleeds down to zero more slowly.

It is designed to prevent seal collapse which can allow air into the system.

Originally the 68-74 brake master had valves on the front and rear ports, but for some reason, the rear one gets left out on most replacement cylinders. Probably with the thought that the original one gets re-used when the banjo fitting is changed over.

Sent from my iPhone