[Rovernet] R: R: - Rover P5 mark III 3.0 automatic info

Ruotolo Gianluca (G&M CS) gianluca.ruotolo at enel.com
Tue Dec 1 11:15:56 EST 2020

Dear friends,
Excuse me for the delay.
I went to see the P5.
The car is in two tone of green, needs a complete respray but looks rust free ( also at the base of the windshield) and very sound.
I could not put the car on the bridge so I looked at the bottom with a torch and a mirror.
Everything looks normally rusted but no visible holes, also in the rear arches.
The rear springs are still partially covered with the original paper, the rear valance looks sound and clean.
Interior is in very reasonable conditions, the rare third series metal profiles are all in place and dashboard looks quite good.
When raining some drops of water fall on the bottom on the feet of the driver but every single seal needs to be changed – apart windshield and rear window - so this is probably the reason.
Automatic gear seem to work properly, I’ll have to check the fluid.
The engine starts on the button, no rattles, starter motor is a bit noisy and we had to hit it but it can be repaired.
Weslake head, the smoke looks ok. Brakes do not work.
The car was bought in GB a lot of time ago by an important antique dealer who had an important shop in the center of Rome, so it is a RHD. It seems to have covered 100.000 miles from new and original Italian documents ( 1978) should be available in the house of the former owner, now past. The seller is a relative of him who has had the car in the past 10 years using it very little and now would like to sell for family reasons.
The car looks in good shape and easily restorable, the only thing it is not very valuable in Italy because of RHD.
I am quite uncertain, I’ d like to know which could be the price of such a restored P5 in GB for example.

Thanks for your kind advices and best regards.

Ciao, Gianluca