[Rovernet] Geezers...

Glen R Wilson gwilson at quakertech.net
Fri Dec 4 12:09:43 EST 2020

After coming back to the Rovernet after years of absence and still being
only a spry 67 despite a pacemaker and a bionic heart valve, I'm
imagining that a lot of you guys must be real GEEZERS by now! Hard to
imagine Steve Manwell is still up and around because he was pretty frail
even back in the day. Just wasn't as tough as Hank!  ;-) One of these
days, the Rover Company newspapers I have promised him several times
will finally arrive on his doorstep, though maybe they will go to the
Dirk Burrowes Nuclear Attack Proof Archive in Fitchburg if he will
promise to scan them in a large format scanner and make them available
to all. I'm sure he has that capability at his company.

Henry Manwell was a wonderful guy. And let's take a moment to Remember
Eric Russell who, though I only met him once in person, was perhaps my
first true internet friend going way back and teaching me that an email
address 3,000 miles away across one border could be a true confidant and
source of good times and of personal support.

And then there are the rest of you Geezer who are still hanging around
from the days when Rovers were priced at $1 per cubic centimeter of
displacement and the Canadian dollar was a real bargain.