[Rovernet] Stud Service

LANCE LA CERTE PSY D lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Thu May 21 09:05:54 EDT 2020

Now that I have your attention 😜

I'm hoping someone has 2 OEM exhaust manifold studs in good condition for a '70 3500S.    The thread pitch on each end is different; the end which screws into the manifold has a larger pitch.  I sourced two new ones through NAPA, but found that the unthreaded 'collar' in the middle is machined such that it is impossible to tighten the stud into the manifold; i.e., with any sufficient torque when attaching the exhaust pipe to the lower half of the stud, results in the upper half spinning.  [I was going to 'cheat' by grinding off a corner of an additional nut and thread it onto the top of the stud sticking through on the manifold, but the curve/shape of the manifold on the side I need does not allow for this]

Thanks in advance for any help,   Lance