[Rovernet] P6 auction on Bring a Trailer

Jess Rainey jess_rainey at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 5 02:32:24 EDT 2021

It’s clearly a hodgepodge of parts. The front grille and hood are correct for a series 1 3500. The boot lid is clearly from a 2000. To my knowledge, none of the 3500s had the Rover lettering at the rear top edge, but rather in the lower left hand corner in the larger letters as with the 2000s starting in 1969. The v8 emblem should be on the lower right side of the boot lid just above the ‘3500’ moniker. No ‘3500’ monikers on the sides either.
The seats appear to be from a 1969 P6.  The door cards are from a series 2. The vinyl roof is definitely series 2.
The European spec 3500S would have come with a four speed manual transmission.
I think that this 3500S is (or was, depending on one’s perspective) a 1976 series 2 that has had a lot more done to it than just the poor quality paint respray.  Retrofitting a 5 speed SD1 manual transmission is not so unusual, but it is odd that the car is such a mish-mash of series 1 & 2 parts.

I agree with Peter and Glenn, a Heinz 57 version 🤔

Sent from my iPad