[Rovernet] Rovernet History (Alan Francis)

Franc Buxton fab at stunnedbuffalo.com
Thu Dec 23 07:38:00 EST 2021

On 15/12/2021 08:36, Alan Francis via Rovernet wrote:
> */"when I joined RoverNet, I was the 6th person to do so"/*
> */
> /*
> Thanks James, any light you can throw on other early members would be
> appreciated.
>
> */Eric would be very happy to know that his creation continues./*
>
> Deservedly so, it is a fantastic legacy.

    Despite no longer owning a Rover (unless you count Land Rover, of
which I have had many and still have two, a Range Rover Classic and a
modern Freelander 2 - LR2 I think, to those on the left side of the
pond!), I enjoy reading this list and seeing the number of enthusiasts
of old Rovers who are still around. Unfortunately UK insurance
requirements and limits on space mean I've been unable to keep cars like
my highly-modified Rover SD1 V8 which I reluctantly parted with many
years ago.

    I don't remember when I joined Rovernet, but it was at least 20
years ago and I suspect actually some time last century. It's still a
pleasure to see what's going on in the world of Rovers. Eric would
indeed be proud.

    Season's greetings to everyone, and let's hope 2022 is a better,
healthier and peaceful year for us all.

    Cheers,
       Franc.

    (Once again, my spellchecker wants to replace 'Rovernet' with
'Ravernet'. Am I missing a good party? 😉 )

--
Franc Buxton