[Rovernet] Glass Roof

Dermot Harvey rovermansd1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 16:10:29 EST 2021

I met the Glass Roof P6 way back (70’s ?) when it lived in Grandview NY near a garage called Kosmic Kars.  Don’t remember the owners name, but he did restoration at the Metropolitan Museum in New York City.
Ron Jones’ wife or girlfriend at the time was a lovely lady called Leslie - she lived somewhere in the East Coast. She had a stunning Arden Green 2000TC with perfect black leather interior.
I drove the ’69 TC I had bought in Los Angeles back to NY in late December.  In Oklahoma my master cylinder failed and I had virtually no brakes. I did have a rebuild kit with me and tried to rebuild the cylinder in my motel room. Alas, no luck! So I called Ron Jones in San Antonio and he told me to bring it over.
Ron rebuild the MC and tried to remedy the caster/camber problem caused by a firetruck sideswiping the car in LA.  Ron was most hospitable and gave me the other half of his kingsize bed for a couple of nights as he had no spare bed. I remember that he kept a loaded .38 under his pillow!
Ron had a field full of Rovers, mainly P6 and P6B’s. We drove in the glass roof P6B - a bit like driving in an aquarium and a definite greenish hue!
Sorry to hear of Ron’s demise - he definitely changed for the worst after hitting the Snow

Dermot Harvey
Ex Spectral Kinetics