[Rovernet] Bob's Key Dilemma

Tom Rymes tom at rymes.net
Thu Dec 30 18:38:56 EST 2021

> On Dec 30, 2021, at 1:28 PM, Robert Ruggeri via Rovernet <rovernet at rovernet.org> wrote:
>
> I also have 6 Peugeots and they, too, are a real struggle to keep on the road in the US.   There’s a superb shop, a former dealer, in Burlington VT, 200 miles away, and they take care of the Peugeots, the Rangie, and they overhauled the P6.   I may have to truck it back to them for the lock assembly job before this is over….

Robert,

Say hi to Arlo for me, he got my 505 Turbo on the road again last year. Have you acquired a Heritage cert for your Rover? The ones I have acquired over the years frequently include key codes, and assuming that the ignition lock hasn’t been changed over the years, it should be accurate. The Folks I linked to at British Car Keys (http://britishcarkeys.com <http://britishcarkeys.com/>) ought to be able to make a key from the code. Not a sure-fire solution, but likely your best chance.

Tom