[Rovernet] 1980 SD1 3500 for sales in MD - CoPart

Robert Heimerl robertime4 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:06:39 EST 2022

Hi Tom, it's already gone -- went for only $400, as of yesterday -- and
apparently will soon be on it's way to Holland (you're right, with fees and
shipping it came to near $2500). Of far more interest to me was this Series
II six cylinder -- but like any old Rover, it's in need of attention and
grey market cars like that don't always pass muster with standard insurance
carriers (mine wouldn't touch it, so no bids came from this quarter):
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/98YPLWwY/1983-rover-sd1-2600  Of course
it's always  possible it will show up again after a bit of tidying up, but
I did some research and couldn't even come up with a source for basic
things like a water pump.  Guess it's best to stick with the far more
familiar V-8!  After all, that Triumph-based six hasn't been supplied in a
production car since 1986, best I can tell. So it should really come as no
surprise to anyone -- unlike the sellers' stated belief that parts for it
are still widely available!