[Rovernet] 1980 SD1 3500 for sales in MD - CoPart

Robert Heimerl robertime4 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 20:51:14 EST 2022

Thanks, Tom!  Yes, Hagerty's crossed my mind -- but a little bit late for
this particular car.  I may be mistaken, but I believe they require that
you have a garage (I don't at the moment).  And two SD1's may be all I can
currently handle -- even though I finally located and installed a rebuilt
steering rack in one of them.  Its now back on the road, but electrical
issues are currently limiting its range to within five or ten miles from
home.  I hope to address those problems when we have a spell of
warmer/dryer weather.  It's naturally best not to have to leave decades-old
cars like these sitting outdoors in all kinds of weather -- lots of things
that were once fully functional may no longer be that way when you get back
to them.  And in case anyone needs a reminder: Yes, Rovers -- especially
SD1's -- often leak!