[Rovernet] '70 3500S NADA electric windows

Lance La Certe lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Wed Sep 14 09:35:03 EDT 2022

Hi Pierre,   I'm in the process of removing the driver's side (LHD) window frame.  The factory manual only addresses the mechanical, windup removal, and so I find that the frame will not lift out of the door until I remove the electric motor (due to clearance issues).

Have you had any experience with this?   I'm in unchartered waters with this, received no response from the Rovernet when I posted it, and wonder if there is anything 'special' I need to be aware of in terms of removing and then reinstalling the motor after I remove and then reinstall the window frame  [The reason I'm removing the frame is that I'm finally getting around to a decades old problem I've avoided when someone tried to break into the car.   They bent the frame, and despite several attempts to bend it back into shape with the frame in place, I'm now forced to remove the entire unit so I can properly get it back into spec.

The other help I would appreciate, if possible, is if you could provide me with information about a replacement motor.   Given the motor is 53 years old and I'm going to the trouble of removing the entire frame, replacing it seems like a good option.  [The rear, left passenger window unit also needs to be replaced].     The chrome plated, center console window switch on the NADA cars is a General Motors (GM) unit and I'm wondering if the motor might be the same.

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks,  Lance

Lance La Certe, Psy.D.
Global Operations Director
Apatheists Intl.
Flying Spaghetti Monster Disciple

"It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in god is not important at all"  Diderot  1713-84

​"Let's take a moment to honor the sacrifice of our brave children who lay down their lives to protect our right to bear arms" - Anonymous