[Rovernet] P5 parts needed

dmaxwell at as.net dmaxwell at as.net
Wed Feb 22 08:27:12 EST 2023

I'm looking for a P5 Mk III or P5b differential (3.54/1 ratio) or one
from a Range Rover Discovery (I think that is the model with the same
gear ratio that will bolt straight into a P5) along with the drivers
side (left side on our side of the pond) axle shaft (the short one).
The shaft, over time, moved to the outside on the bearing to the point
where the splines no longer mesh with the differential!  When I look
at the shaft, the splines look very worn do not seem to engage with
the differential and the differential now has many small pieces of
metal floating around.  Do to the weight of the differential, I'm
hoping to fine them in California, Arizona, Nevada, or Oregon so I can
drive there and pick them up. Thank you for your help!

David Maxwell
Tehachapi, CA