[Rovernet] 1970 Rover P6 3500S NADA 103k Miles 315 V8 Engine Borg Warner 35 TransmissionSmoky Mountain Auto Sales

Glen R. Wilson glenrwilson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 18:17:35 EST 2023

On 1/17/23 5:57 PM, geffandjulie--- via Rovernet wrote:

> Nice car. My Taylor book shows it as a 71 LHD export, starting
> 4330001. With a km speedometer, it might have been exported to Europe
> or Scandinavia. Growing up in New York, Ziebart shops were abundant, a
> counter to the rust-inducing salt! Haven’t read that name in decades….

I've seen a 1971 or 72 2000TC in New York state (sometimes called a
series two). Had the "power bumps" on the hood and same gauges as the
Fed 3500S. Its bonnet ended up with Hank Manwell for his series two car.

I know of a 2200TC imported to Pennsylvania from the south of France.
Beautiful shape.

I haven't personally seen any V8-engined P6s in the USA later than those
originally exported to the USA and Canada, though Taylor says there were
some LHD examples left over after Rover left the North American market
that supposedly ended up in Belgium, the Netherlands and thereabouts.

Jeff and Julie McCarthy