[Rovernet] Vibrations galore---redux

Lance La Certe lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Wed Jun 19 21:41:35 EDT 2024

First, many thanks to all who provided very helpful diagnostic ideas regarding my vibration problems, initial suspect being an unbalance drive shaft.

Checked all the drivetrain mounts; rock solid.    Driveshaft also completely stable.    No movement/slop in any of the universals joints,

BUT as I'm working my way back from the transmission to the drive shaft to the rear differential---VOILA,  two of the 4 bolts holding the left half- shaft and inboard disc to the differential are gone!!!!!!!     The half-shaft is hanging by the remaining two bolts which were on their way out as well!!!!

The moral of this little escape for me is, as usual: The more I know, the more I know what I don't know.

Hopefully this will be helpful information to others........

Lance

Pastafarian
AKA, Hoof Hearted

First Law of Debate:  Never argue with a fool --- people might not know the difference.