[Rovernet] P3

Barry Lafbery lafbery at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 7 12:19:40 EDT 2013

Patrick
           I am aware a 47 is a P2, I have a 39 14. I was just thinking
Ben would at least have a full chassis to work with as it seems his is
past it with all the hacking to change it to left hand drive. I believe
the P2 did come in left hand drive, but as you say none were exported to
North America, unless they came in privately like my 39 did, but it is
right hand drive.
I agree the P2 is a much nicer car, the Girling rod brakes are far
superior to the hydro-mechanical set up on the P3.
Also fitting a P4 running gear in a P2 or P3 is a major job with major
chassis alteration. A P4 engine will almost go straight in but the
gearbox is some thing else.

Barry