[Rovernet] Facebook for Rovernet

David Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Dec 26 16:02:56 EST 2015

Facebook can do as much or as little as you want it to.
You just need to take the time to set the page up properly in the first
place!
This is the biggest sticking point ... it is too open/easy to set up to
cater for the dweebs that want it to run "out of the box" and don't want
to/cant be bothered to, tinker to improve security or limit access.

Us "oldies" (I am 67) are often too set in our ways to embrace this "new
fangled stuff"  :-)

I co-administer a closed Land Rover Club Facebook group exclusively for
club members.
No noise, no chatter (apart from Land Rovers) no spam, just good info,
PLENTY OF PICS (which Rovernet does not natively support) and relevant
discussion of events, projects etc.

YMMV

Cheers
Dave