[Rovernet] Lance's Fuse Finale

LANCE LA CERTE PSY D lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Fri Aug 16 10:17:12 EDT 2019

Final Score:   Lance=1   Prince of Darkness = 1/2

Once again, thanks for everyone's help.  With my trusting light saber (test light) I probed the dark prince's cold, cold nervous system, finally arriving at his ancient lizard brain (fuse box).    Fifty years on, with both screws removed, it was a valiant fight before I could pry it from his blood encrusted claws (firewall).    Once exposed, the fight was on, and as Sir Coombs had so wisely anticipated, the crotchety old box was rife with problems.

After some less-than-masterful surgery,  suddenly light appeared from the sleeping Rover's eyes, and yet no blown fuses!!!! Was it possible that the prince had finally been vanquished.  Alas, no. Although my trusty steed and I can now drive in the dark with only a modicum of fear, the Prince has left his mark------dip beams come on when the light switch is turned only to the side marker position.   Drat, gnashing of teeth---another battle for another day.

By the way, I suspect I have another problem which could use some confirmation.  With my "fix" completed, when I engage the main/high beams the dip beams go off.  Somewhere in the cobwebs of my mind, I seem to remember when I engaged the high beams the dip beams remained???  Inquiring minds would like to know if I'm correct.

Thanks again,  Lance

Lance La Certe, Psy.D.
Global Operations Director
Apatheists Intl.
Flying Spaghetti Monster Disciple

"In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from one class of citizens to give to another. "   Voltaire,   1694-1778

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png]<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>     Virus-free. www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>